1. Beach Boys – Little Saint Nick
A touch of summer sounds in your Christmas festivities almost makes you forget it’s winter.
2. Bobby Helms – Jingle Bell Rock
The one true version of this song. If you’re ever feeling down and jaded about the season, just put this on repeat.
3. Darleen Love – Christmas Baby Please Come Home
The Phil Spector feel-good production almost makes you forget it’s a pretty sad song.
4. Band Aid – Do They Know It’s Christmas
I know, I know. You probably hate this song. But despite its harrowing message it’s become the quintessential Christmas tune for me. Once I hear this, the season has officially started.
5. The Kinks – Father Christmas
Again, not a happy, we love the holidays tune, but one that stil evokes the feel of the season.
6. The Drifters – White Christmas
There is no other version of this song. None. This is it.
7. Elvis Presley – Blue Christmas
Ok, maybe I have a thing for sad Christmas songs.
8. Heat Miser
It’s not Christmas without Rankin-Bass and Year Without a Santa Claus is the best of them all.
9. Vince Guaraldi Trio – Linus and Lucy
Is there any other song that can make you feel like dancing a happy Christmas dance like this one?
10. The Pogues – Fairytale of New York
It’s depressing, it’s hopeful, it’s heartbreaking, it’s uplifting. It’s a microcosm of the holiday season.
Here’s a spotify playlist of the songs (minus Heat Miser, which I couldn’t find).